Monday, July 27, 2009

Update From Sylvia

My church just completed a Christmas in July drive for Sylvia's Children and raised $610 towards our Christmas presents for the children this year. We still need to raise at least $4,000 more to cover the presents and party but we are well on our way!

Also, on Saturday, September 19 they are having a Century of Hope bike tour to raise money for Sylvia's Children. (see attached ... if you know any riders there are three routes: 4, 25 and 100 miles). And, if you don't want to ride and just volunteer that would be great too!

Lastly, on Sunday, September 20 the church service will be completely dedicated to Sylvia's Children. I would love input on the service and also who would like to participate. I had thought we should end the service with the Friendship song but am open to suggestions. If possible, I would also like to do a meal as we did last time but that is open for discussion/participation as well.

So, let me know if you want to participate and your ideas for making it a meaningful experience for everyone who attends. We will, of course, have video and a ppt presentation but we would need a children's message (Jeannie: any ideas?), anthems (maybe even a drum circle ... there is a woman who does that) and whatever else you can think of! Since I will be on the road a lot over the next five weeks I need us to start thinking about this now. I am trying to see Rev. Rusty before I leave on Friday to get a sense of what he would like us to do.

Signing off for now! Thanks for always caring.

Sylvia Allen
732-946-2711/cell 732-241-1144
89 Middletown Road
Holmdel, NJ 07733

No comments: