Saturday, November 3, 2007

2008 Uganda Trip

We are starting to plan (and take reservations for), the 2008 trip to the Mbiriizi Primary School in Uganda, Africa which will be July 5-15. The plan is, as last time, to spend four days at the school and then go on safari to see the gorillas.

The trip will be approximately $4,000 (we are still negotiating with a consolidator for a cheaper air fare but let's plan on this to start). If you have not gone before, there will be an additional $2,500 to cover shots, malaria spray, etc. I will be taking a total of 16 people of which three are Tony and Michele Costa and, of course, me.

Please let me know by November 10 if you are interested in this trip so I can get a sense of who wants to go. And, once I have a final count, each of us will have to give a $500 deposit to Sally by December 1.

If more than 16 are interested, I will plan another trip for December 5-15, 2008 and we will go over and produce a Christmas party for them plus be able to take Christmas presents for them.

We are doing our Christmas mailing in a few days and hopefully will be able to raise enough money that we can have a party and buy each child a blanket. I am currently negotiating to get some cute red Santa hats that I can carry over with me so they will have them for their party the end of December.

I will be on the road for the next two weeks but, thanks to the joys of technology, will be in constant contact through e-mail and cell phone.

Sylvia Allen
732-946-2711/cell 732-241-1144

No comments: